Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mick's Top Ten

I love countdown shows. You know, the ones that come on every tv channel, claiming to count down the top 100(fill in the blank) of all time. I love articles promising a list of the top 10 whatever. I grew up listening to Casey Kasem's Weekly Top 40. College sports fans check the AP top 25 polls every week. When I lived in Arlington, Texas my buddy Moe and I would meet for lunch and go over our top ten whatevers, just to pass the time. We got pretty serious about those lists, to,deciding in advance what we would be discussing next time and coming prepared with our written lists. Why? Who knows? Who cares?

So, I figured I'd post some random lists of my top ten favorite things in different categories. For no good reason, other than to entertain myself. In the tradition of the college sports polls, I'll even add an "Others receiving votes" column with a list of items that didn't make the top 10, but were considered.

If you have an idea for a top 10 list, leave a comment and let me know. And don't forget to leave your top 10 in the comment section of each post.

3 comments:

Barry Seward said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barry Seward said...

I would like to know what your top 10 favorite websites are. I'm putting mine together right now. (this may take some time)

Cool Site! Every body loves top 10 lists...you'll get a ton of people visiting the site.

Barry Seward said...
This comment has been removed by the author.